Wednesday 14 August 2013

I tried to find Him on the Christian cross, but He was not there; 
I went to the temple of the Hindus and to the old pagodas, 
but I could not find a trace of Him anywhere… 
I searced on the mountains and in the valleys 
but neither in the heights nor in the depthswas I able to find Him. 
I went to the Ka’bah in Mecca, but He was not there either…
I questioned the scholars and philosophers but He was beyond their understanding…
Then I looked into my heart and it was there
where He dwelled that I saw Him,
He was nowhere else to be found.

Rumi

2 comments:

  1. will you get burned on the stakes for this??
    well there should be some way to relate that "He" in you to the me outside. Perhaps the religious symbols serve the purpose. the folly is that we lose sight of the former and the danger is that we stick to the latter...strike a balance...virtu stat in medio

    ReplyDelete
  2. but im been sandwiched between to extreme ideas which contradict me to confuse and im still on my enquiry thats y jijnaasu

    ReplyDelete